Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm a Bad Blogger

I'm So Ashamed

It's been a month and I've been neglecting my blog. That's not the end of the world because it's likely no one has noticed... but still, there's lingering guilt. I haven't simply been slacking off. In fact, I've been doing other things.

For one, I wrote a piece of mini-fiction for The Hack Novelist's 500-Word Poor Bastard Short Story Contest. If you'd like to read it, you can find it here. He added the title, "The Honorable Order of Water Buffalo" (I probably would have called it "Death on the Green"), and the paragraph breaks, which mysteriously disappeared in the process of submission. Thanks, Hack, for finding my entry worthy of publishing among your favorites!

I've also been having fun with Twitter. Among the boring, the distasteful, and the trying-too-hard, there are some fantastic nuggets of humor there. This may be pathetic, but it's nested in my consciousness to the point that when something interesting happens or occurs to me, I'll think, "Hmm, I should tweet that."

And finally, I'm in the early stages of working on a treatment for a screenplay my husband is writing. He's the action and dialogue guy, and I'm in charge of descriptive prose. We make a good team. If either one of us were more motivated to be prolific and produce a pile of work, we could get somewhere. But sheesh, isn't it so much easier to watch kittens playing on YouTube?

Tomorrow I'm flying away for a visit with my mom and dad over Mother's Day weekend. Maybe when I get back I'll update my book and movie listings over there on the left. Or maybe not, since I'm ashamed to admit I've been enjoying a whole lot of young adult vampire fiction.

0 comments: